Motorsport

Ex-F1 race director Michael Masi lands new role in Kiwi championship

Mon, 2025-12-15 11:47
Former Formula 1 race director Michael Masi has joined the Repco NextGen NZ Championship ahead of the start of the 2026 season, MotorSport New Zealand has announced.
Masi will oversee a range of national series in New Zealand as the event director, with a focus on “ensuring the safe, fair, and professional delivery of each round”.
In addition to his primary responsibilities in the NZ ...Keep reading

Charles Leclerc details "very special" Antarctica trip ahead of 2026 F1 prep

Mon, 2025-12-15 11:16
Charles Leclerc has detailed his upcoming trip to Antarctica with his fiancée, Alexandra Saint Mleux.
The Ferrari Formula 1 driver is looking to recharge his batteries after a difficult 2025 season. As the Maranello outfit finished the season fourth in the constructors' standings with 398 points, Leclerc and his team-mate Lewis Hamilton finished fifth and sixth in the drivers' ...Keep reading

Ferrari insists relationship with Lewis Hamilton isn't as bad as it seems

Mon, 2025-12-15 10:01
Lewis Hamilton's relationship with Ferrari is much less strained than it appears, according to the team's head of track engineering Matteo Togninalli, although the Formula 1 squad nonetheless feels it "under evaluated" the adaptation period needed for both sides.
In the early part of 2025, Hamilton had to clear up the perception of the occasionally terse radio messages between himself and new ...Keep reading

Max Verstappen gives glimpse into fatherhood in rare interview

Mon, 2025-12-15 09:32
Four-time Formula 1 champion Max Verstappen has given a glimpse into his life as a father in a newly released interview with stuntman Riley Harper for Red Bull and TAG Heuer.
Filmed during the United States Grand Prix weekend, the pair drove around the streets of Austin and talked about all things racing and becoming fathers.
"Today's a bit longer then, but I prefer that now. Also with the ...Keep reading

Dale Jr. says settlement turns NASCAR charters into franchises

Sun, 2025-12-14 20:22
Dale Earnhardt Jr. hypothesized on Tuesday what would happen to the NASCAR Cup Series if the lawsuit brought by 23XI Racing and Front Row Motorsports reached a settlement and by Thursday the frameworks of the ‘what if’ were made a reality.
Speaking with his sister and business partner Kelley Earnhardt-Miller on their podcast, Earnhardt said permanent charters would effectively make the Cup ...Keep reading

Helmut Marko: ‘Max Verstappen would have been F1 champion if Christian Horner had been dismissed earlier’

Sun, 2025-12-14 12:36
Despite an impressive late resurgence, Max Verstappen missed out on his fifth consecutive Formula 1 world title in 2025. Helmut Marko, however, believes the Red Bull driver would have become champion had Christian Horner left the team at an earlier stage.
Shortly after the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, it was announced that Red Bull and Marko would immediately end their longstanding collaboration ...Keep reading

Formula E predicts “very small” performance gap to F1 with Gen4

Sun, 2025-12-14 12:15
Formula E’s Gen4 car which was unveiled last month represents a major step forward across every performance parameter for when it makes its debut in the 2026/27 campaign.
The all-electric series predicts it will deliver 600kW of power - over 800hp - marking a substantial increase over current cars, with the Gen3 Evo peaking at 350kW (469hp).
The Gen4 package will also introduce permanent ...Keep reading

Toto Wolff couldn’t have coped with Kimi Antonelli’s pressure: “When I was 19, I was an idiot”

Sun, 2025-12-14 12:00
Mercedes Formula 1 team principal Toto Wolff couldn’t have coped with Andrea Kimi Antonelli’s pressure as a 19-year-old, explaining he was “a bit of an idiot” at that age.
Antonelli became F1’s third-youngest driver in history this season at 18 years old thanks to his single-seater prowess – four titles in Formula 4 and Formula Regional. He also was the first F1 debutant in a top ...Keep reading

Pirelli wants to test new MotoGP tyres with 2027 bikes and full-time riders before the summer

Sun, 2025-12-14 10:49
Pirelli hopes to test its new MotoGP tyres with 2027-spec prototypes and full-time riders “halfway through” next year’s calendar.
With just over a year remaining before Pirelli replaces Michelin as the official tyre supplier in the premier class, none of the regular riders on the grid have yet been able to sample the Milan-based manufacturer’s new rubber.
Pirelli conducted its ...Keep reading

FIA considered F1 rule changes, but lacked support from teams

Sun, 2025-12-14 09:31
With the 2025 Formula 1 title decider in Abu Dhabi, the regulatory cycle of the ground-effect cars has come to an end. The regulations introduced in 2022 had three aims: improving racing by allowing drivers to follow each other more closely, closing up the field, and creating a sustainable championship – also financially.
As Nikolas Tombazis, FIA’s single-seaters director, looks back, his ...Keep reading

Max Verstappen's 2025 comeback was the most "outstanding" drive of the season - Romain Grosjean

Sat, 2025-12-13 23:54
Former Formula 1 driver Romain Grosjean has argued that Max Verstappen's 2025 resurgence in performance was "very inspiring for a lot of drivers" and, despite not clinching the championship title, was the most "outstanding driver of all of them".
After effectively counting himself out of the championship fight ahead of the summer break, Verstappen had a late-season surge which resulted in a ...Keep reading

"Grand Pro Circuit" is a new retro open-wheel sim aiming for 1980s realism

Sat, 2025-12-13 23:46
There are plenty of sim racing games out there if you want to indulge in some reckless driving over the Christmas break. But Grand Pro Circuit goes about things in a different way. This open-wheel racing sim specifically focuses on cars from the late 1980s, and while its release date is "to be announced", it's something I may well be asking Santa for.
So what is this new simulator? Grand Pro ...Keep reading

Dirt Late Model series denounces playoff format after three years

Sat, 2025-12-13 22:26
After three seasons utilizing a playoff format of some kind, the Lucas Oil Dirt Late Model Series is reverting back to a season long championship format.
The first version, attempted in 2023, basically culminated with a one-race winner-take-all style championship race amongst four drivers that NASCAR has ended its seasons with since 2014. The past two seasons feature a four-driver finale but ...Keep reading

Kyle Larson rejects playoff for Sprint Car series he co-owns

Sat, 2025-12-13 21:50
Reigning Cup Series champion Kyle Larson, who also co-owns the High Limit Sprint Car Series alongside brother-in-law Brad Sweet and streamer FloSports says do not expect a playoff format to come to their winged division at any point soon.
The topic came up with series announcers Chase Raudman and Tony La Porta on the official series podcast.
“I would hope, and I’m pretty certain, that ...Keep reading

Mohammed Ben Sulayem’s hypercar collection is a Top Gear fan's dream garage

Sat, 2025-12-13 20:49
Mohammed Ben Sulayem might spend most of his life in paddocks around the world, especially after being re-elected as FIA president, but his love for cars keeps him wishing he were on the other side of the pitwall.
His car collection is proof of his passion for speed, with the list of cars reading more like a dream garage than anything else thanks to a number of highly expensive, highly bespoke ...Keep reading

Dale Earnhardt Jr. 'surprised' NASCAR was threatened by SRX

Sat, 2025-12-13 19:11
Before the 23XI Racing and Front Row Motorsports v. NASCAR antitrust lawsuit was settled during the trial, Dale Earnhardt Jr. and sister/business partner Kelley Earnhardt-Miller took to their podcast studio to discuss some of their thoughts at the time.
One of those topics was the revelation that NASCAR felt threatened by a certain degree by the Superstar Racing Experience and even reacted to ...Keep reading

Nick Cassidy: WEC hypercar systems “like a holiday” after Formula E complexity

Sat, 2025-12-13 15:49
Nick Cassidy says his move to the World Endurance Championship has been eased by simpler hypercar systems, which he claims is "like a bit of a holiday” compared to Formula E machinery.
Cassidy will combine his Citroen Formula E commitments with a full campaign in the WEC’s top category at the factory Peugeot team in 2026.
It will mark just the second season in the WEC for the Kiwi ...Keep reading

Charles Leclerc: "It's now or never" for Ferrari as 2026 F1 chance looms

Sat, 2025-12-13 14:14
Ferrari Formula 1 driver Charles Leclerc says it is "now or never' for the Italian team to fight for championships under the all-new regulation changes for 2026.
Ferrari slipped from second to fourth this year after it missed the mark at the start of the 2025 campaign, and then decided to focus all of its aero resources on next year's car from April onwards.
The end result was a frustrating ...Keep reading

Helmut Marko reported to receive eight-figure payout after Red Bull exit

Sat, 2025-12-13 13:24
Dr Helmut Marko is set to receive his full salary for 2026 in a payout from Red Bull as he parts ways with the team at the end of 2025, according to BILD. The sum is thought to be approximately €10million.
The 82-year-old Austrian, who has been with the team since its inception in 2005, decided to step down from his role in the Milton Keynes outfit on Tuesday after being involved in ...Keep reading

Monaco Grand Prix renamed as Louis Vuitton takes over title deal for 2026

Sat, 2025-12-13 13:05
Louis Vuitton will become the title partner of the Monaco Grand Prix from 2026, with the event confirmed to be named the Formula 1 Louis Vuitton Grand Prix de Monaco. This sees the luxury brand form a multi-year deal with F1 and the Automobile Club de Monaco (ACM), replacing last year's title, TAG Heuer.
The ACM has confirmed that Louis Vuitton will make up a large amount of its branding across ...Keep reading

Pages